Diction's Press Page
Diction is one the fastest growing translation agencies in Denmark. It was established in 2010 under the name Diction I/S and was later registered as Diction ApS in 2014. Today in 2021, our translation agency offers services in both Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. Diction has 11 employees in the administration and collaborates with over 2000 freelance translators. In 2020, Diction ApS had a turnover of DKK 10,2 million excluding VAT and in 2021 turnover is expected to exceed DKK 12 million excluding VAT.
Diction provides text translations to both the public and private sectors and to private individuals. Our clients consist of both small, midsize and large companies, including: the University of Copenhagen, Meyers Køkken, Bonnier Publications, Momondo, Berlingske Media, Santander Consumer Bank, PwC, Copenhagen Municipality, Red Bull, Europcar, Arriva, Altan.dk, Anti-Doping Danmark, Dansk Supermarked, the Royal Library, DMI, Express Bank, Experimentarium, Danish Regions, the Danish Association of Lawyers and Economists, Nybolig, the Prosecution Service, Red Cross and Aarhus University.
Martin Boberg is 30 years old and established Diction when he was a student at Copenhagen Business School at the age of just 20. He started the company with a start-up capital of only DKK 3000 and had a turnover of DKK 71,000 after the first year. Last year, however, turnover was DKK 10,200,000 excluding VAT, and Diction now has offices in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Martin is from Frederiksberg, and he has an MSc. in Business, Language and Culture from Copenhagen Business School. Before dedicating all his time to Diction, he worked with telemarketing in Spain and Switzerland, and later street trading in Denmark for Berlingske Media. Furthermore, he has worked for the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in both Copenhagen and in New York, when he was an intern at the Consulate General of Denmark for half a year.
Hard facts about Diction:
- Established in 2010 as a general partnership (GP)
- Established as a limited liability company in 2014 (LLC)
- Offices in Copenhagen since 2010
- Offices in Stockholm and Oslo since 2017
- 11 employees in the administration
- Collaborates with over 2000 freelance translators
- Has more than 4000 clients both in Denmark and abroad
- Turnover in 2020: DKK 10,2 million excluding VAT
- Estimated turnover in 2021: DKK 12 million excluding VAT
- CVR (VAT number): 35636455
- Diction translates more than 10 million words per year.
- Diction collaborates with translators from over 70 different nations
Fun facts about Diction
- Diction was established in 2010 with a start-up capital of DKK 3000 and has not received any additional financing ever since. In 2020, its turnover was DKK 10.2 million excluding VAT
- Diction started as a translation agency made up of language students
- Founder Martin Boberg’s salesmanship comes from his time at Berlingske, where for many years he sold papers on Strøget, the main pedestrian street in Copenhagen
- From 2011 until 2014, Diction’s offices were in the Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship (an incubator for student start-ups)
- Diction has received the prestigious Gazelle Award from the renowned financial newspaper Børsen in 2018 and 2019