How to use Diction’s style guide
This page describes how to use Diction’s style guide when ordering a translation from Diction. This function ensures that your specific preferences relating to the translation are met and that all your translations are homogenous and streamlined in the event you order multiple translations.
What is a style guide?
A style guide is a manual that details how your company communicates and expresses itself in writing. It can contain preferences and wishes on everything from language to layout and grammar.
Advantages of using our style guide:
- The translator can see and employ your specific preferences and this will increase the quality of the translations produced
- Once you fill out the style guide for the first time, it will then be saved and used in all future translation projects you order from Diction
- It is a free service
- You will have greater influence over the final tone and style, allowing you to maintain control over your text
- Your texts can be written in a style that matches their target audience
The process in three easy steps:
- Download the style guide template by clicking on the link below
- Complete the style guide so that it reflects your or your company’s wishes
- Attach your customised style guide when receiving a free quote or when corresponding with one of our employees